Full Process Of Linksys RE6300 Extender Configuration
With the help of the Linksys range extender setup, you can easily extend the range of your host router. On this page, you will learn complete knowledge regarding the configuration process of the Linksys device. Let’s jump into the process.
Basic Needs For The Configuration Of Linksys Extender
- The First, and crucial thing is you must have the Linksys RE6300 extender and one active power adapter.
- Without these requirements, you will be unable to do the login and setup process.
- In addition, you will also need an ethernet cable to join your extender to the computer.
- Hence, there are many other options available such as WiFi.
- In most cases, it may work well.
- As of now, it still depends upon you which type of connection is suitable per your situation.
How To Login Into Linksys RE6300 Extender
- First, place the power plug of the Linksys RE6300 extender in the power socket.
- After that, join one end of the ethernet cable to the extender and another end of the ethernet cable to the router.
- Further, launch a web browser.
- Thereafter, go to the configuration page of the Linksys RE6300 extender.
- Now, select the wired range extender option and tap on the next button.
- At last, create an admin WiFi password and save it anywhere for lateral use.
Note: After the Linksys extender login process, now you will need to do the setup process of the Linksys extender.
Terms For Linksys Extender setup
- Linksys WiFi range extender device must be turned on.
- Go to the wireless settings of Linksys RE6300 extender and create SSID, security password, and WiFi channels.
- Finally, save all the settings of the Linksys range extender for lateral use.
Configuration Process Of Linksys Range Extender
There are three methods to do the setup process of the Linksys range extender.
- Via Linksys application.
- By manual method.
- By WiFi-protected system.
Method 1: Connect Linksys Extender To Router By Manual Method
Observe the lower steps to start this method
- First, locate both your Linksys extender and computer in the same room.
- After that, place the power plug of both devices in the electrical socket.
- Further, launch the search engine and enter the web address in the location bar.
- Now, the login page will open up on your display.
- Thereafter, fill in all the details to log in.
- As a result, you can see the new setup page on your display. Observe that setup method and follow the step one by one.
Method 2: Linksys RE6300 Extender Setup- By WPS Method
WPS method is the security standard of Wireless networks. It is very helpful to make the connection stable between the extender and the device.
- First, locate the power plug of the Linksys RE6300 extender.
- Now, push the WPS button which is present on your wireless extender.
- After that, Press the WPS button which is present on the host router within two minutes.
- Now, wait for a few minutes to see a solid green LED on both the extender and router.
- At last, take out the power plug of the Linksys extender from the power socket and locate it there where you want high-speed internet.
Method 3: Configure Linksys RE6300 Extender- By Linksys application
Note: If you are unable to configure an extender with the router then don’t panic there is another method. This is the last method but not least.
If you want to do the setup of an extender then use the Linksys application. Observe the lower steps to try this process.
- First, connect your Linksys range extender to an electrical socket.
- After that, wait for a moment, to see the red LED turn into solid green.
- After that download and open the Linksys application on your mobile phone or on a computer.
- As a result, follow all the display instructions to complete the configuration process of the Linksys RE6300 extender.
Note: After the Linksys WiFi extender setup if your extender does not work perfectly then try out these troubleshooting tips.
Common Issues During Linksys RE6300 Extender setup
As most people also face these problems after the configuration process of the extender.
- Unable to login into Linksys RE6300 Extender.
- Linksys WiFi range extender is connected but not to the internet.
- The setup page of the Linksys RE6300 extender is not responding.
- You may enter the imperfect Linksys extender password.
- Linksys extender device is not turned on.
Troubleshoot Extender Setup Issues
- Fill in the right web address in the location bar.
- See your computer, perfectly joined to Linksys range extender.
- To verify the status of the Linksys RE6300 extender see all the LED lights.
- Power cycle your Linksys extender device.
- Upgrade the hardware of the Linksys RE6400 extender device.
Note: After trying out the above troubleshooting tips if your extender problem is not fixed then try these extra tips.
Change Linksys RE6300 Extender Placement
The placement of the Linksys range extender also affects the speed of the internet. We recommend that you locate your Linksys RE6300 extender near the main router. Locate both the router and extender device in the same room. Verify that your extender does not lie near metal objects because metal appliances absorb WiFi signals which come from the extender or router.
Improve Linksys RE6300 Extender Firmware
- First, by an ethernet cable join your computer to the router.
- Make sure that during this process your extender does not connect to the router.
- After that, go to the web-based setup page of the Linksys range extender.
- Now, click on firmware update under the administration option. (You can see the administration option when you enter the settings of the Linksys RE6300 extender)
- Lastly, wait for a while to download the updated firmware.
Reset Linksys RE6300 Extender
- First, find the reset hole button on your Linksys RE6300 extender device.
- Now, press that reset hole button with the paper clip.
- Press the reset hole button for 3 to 5 seconds, until you hear a sound just like a bell.
- As a result, your Linksys RE6300 device is completely reset.
Note: After the reset, now you will need to do the Linksys RE6300 setup again.
After shutting out this page, we hope you will be able to get the proper knowledge about Linksys RE6300 Extender. If none of the above-mentioned troubleshooting tips does resolve your extender issue then don’t worry, just reach out to our technical support team and solve your Linksys RE6300 extender issue.