Bangalore, commonly known as Bengaluru, is a sophisticated city with a thriving nightlife and a rich cultural legacy. It is the nation’s capital and the center of India’s high-tech industry, and it is situated in the southern state of Karnataka. From lovely parks and gardens to historic sites and museums, Bangalore has a lot to offer.
A luxurious hotel located in the heart of the city; JW Marriott Bangaloreis an ideal place to stay if you are visiting the city. The hotel is known for its exceptional service, beautiful decor, and convenient location. However, if you are looking for more things to do in the city, there are plenty of places to visit in Bangalore that are worth exploring. In this article, we will explore some of the top attractions in Bangalore that you should not miss.
- Lalbagh Botanical Garden: Lalbagh Botanical Garden is one of the most beautiful and popular tourist attractions in Bangalore. The garden is spread over an area of 240 acres and is home to more than 1,800 species of plants. Some of the highlights of the garden include the Glass House, which was modelled after London’s Crystal Palace, and the Lalbagh Rock, a massive rock that is over 3,000 million years old. Lalbagh Botanical Garden is a great place to take a stroll, have a picnic, or simply relax and enjoy the natural beauty.
- Bangalore Palace: Built in the 19th century, Bangalore Palace is a magnificent structure that is a mix of Tudor and Scottish Gothic architectural styles. The palace is spread over an area of 45000 square feet and is known for its beautiful gardens, intricate woodwork, and stunning paintings. The palace is open to the public, and visitors can explore the various rooms, halls, and corridors that are adorned with artifacts and antiques.
- Cubbon Park: Cubbon Park is a 300-acre park in the heart of Bangalore and is a popular destination for nature lovers and fitness enthusiasts. The park is home to more than 6,000 trees and plants, and it is an ideal place for a morning or evening walk. Some of the highlights of the park include the statues of Queen Victoria and King Edward VII, the bandstand, and the aquarium.
- Tipu Sultan’s Summer Palace: Tipu Sultan’s Summer Palace is a beautiful structure that was built in the 18th century. The palace is known for its beautiful architecture, intricate carvings, and stunning paintings. The palace is open to the public, and visitors can explore the various rooms and galleries that are adorned with artifacts and antiques.
- ISKCON Temple Bangalore: ISKCON Temple Bangalore is a beautiful temple that is dedicated to Lord Krishna. The temple is spread over an area of seven acres and is known for its beautiful architecture and stunning paintings. The temple is open to the public, and visitors can participate in the various ceremonies and rituals that are conducted throughout the day.
- Ulsoor Lake: Ulsoor Lake is a beautiful lake that is located in the heart of Bangalore. The lake is surrounded by beautiful gardens, and it is an ideal place for a picnic or a leisurely stroll. Visitors can also enjoy boating and other water sports activities at the lake.
- Bangalore Fort: Bangalore Fort is a beautiful structure that was built in the 16th century by Kempe Gowda, the founder of Bangalore. The fort is known for its beautiful architecture and intricate carvings. Visitors can explore the various rooms and galleries of the fort and learn about the history of Bangalore.
- Nandi Hills: Nandi Hills is a beautiful hill station that is located about 60 kilometres from Bangalore. The hill station is known for its stunning views, beautiful weather, and natural beauty. Visitors can enjoy trekking, hiking, and other outdoor activities at Nandi Hills.
- Bannerghatta National Park: Bannerghatta National Park is a beautiful national park that is located about 22 kilometres from Bangalore. The park is home to a variety of animals and birds, including tigers, lions, elephants, and leopards. Visitors can enjoy a safari ride, which takes them through the park, giving them an opportunity to spot the wildlife in their natural habitat. The park also has a butterfly park, a snake park, and a zoo, which are worth visiting.
- Innovative Film City: Innovative Film City is a theme park that is located about 40 kilometres from Bangalore. The park is a perfect destination for families and children, as it has a variety of rides and attractions, such as the Haunted Mansion, the Mirror Maze, and the Cartoon City. Visitors can also watch live shows, such as stunt shows, magic shows, and dance performances.
- Bangalore Aquarium: Bangalore Aquarium is one of the largest and oldest aquariums in India. The aquarium is home to a variety of aquatic species, including fish, turtles, and crocodiles. Visitors can walk through the various galleries of the aquarium, which are designed to resemble the habitats of the aquatic species.
- Bull Temple: Bull Temple is a beautiful temple that is located in the Basavanagudi area of Bangalore. The temple is dedicated to Nandi, the sacred bull of Lord Shiva. The temple is known for its beautiful architecture and the massive statue of Nandi, which is carved out of a single stone. The temple is a popular destination for tourists and devotees alike.
- MG Road: MG Road is a popular shopping destination in Bangalore. The road is lined with shops and boutiques that sell a variety of items, including clothes, jewellery, and handicrafts. The road also has a variety of restaurants and cafes that serve delicious food and beverages.
- Commercial Street: Commercial Street is another popular shopping destination in Bangalore. The street is known for its vibrant atmosphere and the variety of shops that sell everything from clothes and accessories to electronics and home decor. Visitors can also enjoy street food and snacks at the various stalls and food trucks that are located along the street.
Bangalore is a vibrant and exciting city that has a lot to offer visitors. From beautiful gardens and palaces to national parks and theme parks, there are plenty of places to visit in Bangalore that are worth exploring. So, if you are planning a trip to Bangalore, make sure to include some of these top attractions in your itinerary. And, if you are looking for a luxurious and comfortable place to stay, JW Marriott Bangalore is an ideal choice.