Marriage is a very auspicious as well as a sacred institution and in India we have seen people spending a lot of money on marriage and other things. But in recent years the new generation or the youth generation has changed this tradition to spend so much money on marriage or weddings. They usually go two ways either they have a destination wedding or they opt for a court marriage which is comparatively very much cheaper than a full fledged marriage.
Today in this blog we are going to talk about court weddings only and if you are interested in one then this could be the best platform for you to gather all the information you need to know about this. The special marriage act gives this court wedding a status in the state of India under which any man who is 21 years old and above and a woman who is 18 or above can get married in a court legally avoiding the chaos of rituals and ceremonies.
Even though the weddings with rituals hold a very significant place in our traditions and in our life, still there are some people who are not that financially strong to hold a wedding where they have to spend around 2-3 lakhs and such people for the court weddings which is not a bad thing.
Documents required for a Court marriage in Delhi
Let us look at the documents which the soon to be husband and wife must carry with them if they want to have a court marriage in Delhi so that they do not have to face difficulties later on.
- The bride and the groom must carry their date of birth confirmation document which could be a 10th class certificate or their birth certificate or their passport any of these will work.
- They need to have their address proof with them which could be either their voter ID card or their driving license will work too.
- You need to have witnesses for your marriage too and they must carry their address proof and their Pan card with them and not only this the witnesses should be from Delhi only.
- 6 passport size photographs of both the bride and the groom each must be with them.
Procedure for court marriages in Delhi
After the documents let us move ahead to the Court marriage procedure in Delhi so that if you are looking forward for a court wedding you can be fully prepared and you do not have to face problems and issues later on.
- You must know that if you are looking for a court wedding in Delhi then it could not be done in one single day so you must prepare yourself accordingly.
- As mentioned above the groom must be of 21 years and the bride must be of 18 years old; people below this age cannot get married and it would be a legal offense too.
- In Delhi there are some specific days that are assigned for court weddings in the courts of Delhi which are Monday, Wednesday and Friday. If you go to the courts except these days your work will not be done.
- Again we will remind you that the couple must carry their address proof of Delhi with them.
- Another thing you must keep in mind is that it might take 3 to 4 days for your marriage in the courts of Delhi.
- The witnesses of the bride and groom both will have to visit the court twice during the procedure of marriage. The first day visit should be for Arya Samaj marriage and the second day visit will be for court wedding.
- Both the parties must be Hindu, Sikh, Jain or Buddhist.
- The witnesses can be anyone like they could be either friends of the bride and groom or they could be their relatives and along this they could also be their neighbor’s or even parents but the only thing matters is that they must be of 18 years and above and must be a resident of Delhi.
The court of Delhi Lawyers will send no notice to the house of the bride and the groom so they do not need to worry about that.
Recommended: 5 Signs You’re Ready to Get Engaged