Snoring can be quite annoying. Just imagine, after a long day at work, you finally get into bed after completing all your work and extra chores, your eyes close, but alas, your partner starts snoring like the engine of a truck, and you can’t do anything about it.
Did you know that up to half of all adults in the United States snore? When you inhale and exhale in your sleep, air travels into your throat, causing snoring. It causes relaxed tissues to vibrate, resulting in unpleasant noises that keep you awake at night. Snoring can be a sign of a significant health problem such as obstructive sleep apnea, obesity, sleep deprivation, or a problem with your nose, mouth, or throat structure.
How do you stop snoring?
Many people across the globe from different cultures and backgrounds have found many remedies for reducing snoring or stopping it completely. If you are wondering of how to reduce snoring, then read the remedies given below.
Some ways to quit snoring are:
- Many doctors have suggested that losing weight is one of the best ways if you are looking for remedies of how to quit snoring. Losing a few kilograms helps decrease the total tissues in the throat, which causes fewer vibrations of relaxed tissues, so snoring decreases. This can be done by reducing calorie intake and exercising – a nutritionist or a doctor can definitely help.
- – Raising the head of your bed a few inches helps to keep your upper body elevated, which helps to open up the airways. Sleeping on our backs can cause the tongue to slide towards the back of the throat, restricting airflow and creating snoring. Another option is to keep your head up on the pillow or sleep on your side.
- – Nasal strips or nasal dilators, which reduce airflow resistance and make breathing easier, are also recommended by many doctors. If you are looking for best ways of how to quit snoring, then these products are the perfect fit for you. Nasal dilators are a stiffened adhesive strip that is placed on the bridge of the nose to enlarge the nasal canal, while nasal strips are placed on the top of the nose across the nostrils.
- Many people are also born with deviated septum or have been involved in some accident whose injury leads to the deviated nasal septum. A deviated septum is when on both sides of the nose, there is a misalignment of the wall, and this causes hindrance in airflow. There are surgeries to correct this.
Oher generic ways to quit snoring are:
- Allergies have also been identified to be a cause of snoring as they could possibly reduce airflow. To stop this, you can go to your doctor to get a prescription for your allergy medications to stop the snoring.
- Doctors also suggest avoiding alcohol, sedatives and smoking before sleeping. Alcohol relaxes the throat muscles, which causes smoking and sedatives, and smoking can make snoring worse.
- Doctors also suggest using oral appliances to help your air passages open to making it easier to breathe. Dentists give these oral appliances.
- Palatal implants, also called pillar procedures, are a treatment wherein strands of polyester filaments are injected into the mouth’s soft palate to stiffen it to reduce the snoring.
There are so many other methods of how to quit snoring, and one such other anti-snoring solution that helps relieve snoring is Asonor. It is ranked as one of the world’s best anti-snoring treatments used by people all over the US and Europe. A few drops of Asonor every day before going to sleep helps to reduce snoring instantly. All you have to do is apply a few nasal drops in each nostril to experience peaceful sleep.