The holiday season is here and we’ve got some tips to make sure you get the perfect gift for your guy. Whether he’s an avid gamer, a fitness freak or just likes to watch movies at home, there’s something that will suit his tastes. Here are our top picks for the best gadgets for guys this year:
The best gadgets for guys who like to stay fit
- Xiaomi Mi Band 4 AMOLED Wristband
To start off our list, we’ve got the perfect gift for guys who like to keep their bodies in shape. Take a look at the Xiaomi Mi Band 4 that tracks how many steps you take and your sleeping patterns. This gadget is one of the best fitness trackers under $50 will make sure you know how much exercise you’re getting and when you should step it up a notch. The band also tells time and serves as a stylish accessory.
- Beats by Dr Dre Solo Headphones in Matte Black
If he likes listening to music while he works out or heads out for a run, these headphones made exclusively for the iPod will make sure his listening experience is unparalleled. With stunning, award-winning sound quality and clarity, these are the headphones to beat.
- Fitbit Aria Wi-Fi Smart Scale
If your guy already has a FitBit band, this scale will help him keep track of how much he weighs. This gadget lets you check your weight with just the touch of a button and automatically sends your stats to the FitBit website for easy tracking.
- Beats by Dr Dre Studio Headphones in Gloss White
What list of gadgets would be complete without a pair of Beats headphones? We recommend these ones that are made exclusively for Mac products, because they’ll sound good no matter what device he’s using. They’re ergonomically designed with plush ear cushions that are comfortable to wear for long periods of time, whether he’s mixing or just listening to some tunes.
- Nike+ FuelBand SE in White/Black-Wolf Grey
If your guy prefers any physical activity at all, this gadget will be his new best friend. It keeps track of how many steps he takes and turns all that activity into NikeFuel points so he can compare himself to his friends and see who’s more active. The band also lights up, which we think is a fun little detail, and it comes in white or black to match either outfit.
- Fitbit Aria Wi-Fi Smart Scale
Another FitBit band, but this time with a scale! This is the perfect gift for guys who already have the Flex or One and want to keep track of how much they weigh. Using Wi-Fi technology, all the stats are automatically sent straight to your computer so he can compare his progress as he works out.
- iPad Mini with Wi-Fi, 7.9-Inch
If he already has a laptop but wants something that’s even more portable to carry around the house, this is a great gift idea for him. The iPad mini lets him check his email and surf the web on a crisp, high resolution screen that makes watching movies and playing games on the go more fun than ever.
- Panasonic High Resolution 3D Blu-ray Player
If he loves watching movies, this high resolution blu-ray player is one of the best out there. It upconverts regular DVDs to near HD quality for a better viewing experience and also plays 3D blu-rays, which are a huge hit right now. The best thing about this player is that it’s compatible with a ton of different devices, so you can stream content from your laptop or play it off a USB stick.
- Apple iPad mini Smart Cover in Charcoal Gray
A cover for his new tablet? Heck yes! This one snaps on securely and wakes the iPad when it’s opened and puts it to sleep when its closed. He can fold the cover back for one-handed reading or watching movies and there are a ton of different colors and patterns available so you guys can match.
- Apple iPod Touch 32GB (5th Generation)
For music, videos, apps and games all in the palm of his hand, this iPod Touch is a great gift idea. Not only can he carry around all of your favorite music with him wherever he goes, but the built in front and back cameras allow for some pretty sweet photos and HD video.
- Jawbone UP24 Fitness Tracker
Say goodbye to the days where guys need to remember to bring their phone when they go for a run. This fitness tracker lets him track his steps, calories burned and even his sleep activity just by wearing it around his wrist. The UP app also syncs with tons of different health apps so he can see everything all in one place–perfect for guys who are trying to get fit!
- Customized Locker Room Sport Towel
Is he a workout nut? This personalized locker room sport towel is the perfect gift for guys who go to the gym and shower there. Backed with terry cloth on one side, it’s super absorbent and quick drying while the front has a screen printed sports logo that will leave him smelling fresh all day. There’s even a little carabiner so he can hook it onto his gym bag for easy carrying.
Things to consider while choosing gadgets for guys
- When buying tech gifts for guys, make sure that it will appeal to his sense of style and not just be another piece of technology.
- A lot of men prefer things like calculators and alarm clocks over the flashy gadgets we women love; make sure he has a practical use for whatever you buy him before you go ahead and buy it.
- Consider how often he will actually use the gadget you are buying him, especially if it has a lot of bells and whistles–even if he loves them, they might not get used more than once!
- Look for durability when buying gadgets; rarely do we want to buy the same product over and over again, so it’s important to find one that can withstand his lifestyle.
- If you are buying him a gadget as a gift, don’t give it to him ahead of time! It will take away from the excitement of unwrapping your present on the big day.
- If you are looking for a gadget that can be personalized, look for something with a lot of options. Guys have very different tastes and what he likes might not even be sold in stores, so consider buying it as a personalized gift instead!
- Think about his hobbies when choosing gadgets. Does he love photography or gaming? Does he work on a computer all day or is his hobby fishing or hunting? These things will have a big impact on the kind of gadgets you buy him.
- If he doesn’t have a cell phone, consider buying him one as a gift! While they used to be more of a female trend,
Now that you have the general idea of what to buy for a man, make sure you match it up with some awesome gadgets and gizmos. So what are you waiting for? Get shopping!